Thursday 20 February 2014

New beginnings ...

Ethereal 
For this project we were given the choice of four words, and to take photographs and draw in relation to the word, I chose the word ethereal, the definition being;

 ethereal
adjective

  1.           extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world.
    "her ethereal beauty"

    I thought the words in particular delicate and light were words that I would want my own work to be described as, and so I chose this word.
    I began this project by creating some initial drawings, the word floral was to also be included in the project, so I tried to draw flowers in the most beautiful and delicate way I could. For this project I realised I would be required to use some actual colour, rather than just black and white which is how I usually prefer to draw. Colour is a scary concept to me, so in my initial drawings I tried to be brave and adopt some slight, light colour into my drawings. Here are the outcomes:







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig